Antigua and Barbuda (REDUCED COST)
The Government of Antigua & Barbuda announced a significant reduction in the National Development Fund donation amount required to qualify for the Citizenship by Investment Program.
The new donation amounts are:
- US$100,000 for a single applicant or a family of four.
- US$125,000 for a family of more than four members.
In addition to the donation, investors are required to pay government processing, due diligence and passport fees.
Government Processing fee
- US$25,000 for family of up to four members, plus US$ 15,000 per each additional dependent
Due Diligence fee
- US$ 7,500 for the main applicant.
- US$ 7,500 for spouse.
- US$ 2,000 for child 12-17 y.o.
- US$ 4,000 for qualifying dependent over 18 y.o.
- US$ 300 per person
For further information refer website www.cip.gov.ag
New Attractions and Benefits
- The parental dependents age has been lowered from sixty-five (65) to fifty-eight (58).
- No due diligence fees when renewing passports after 5 years.
- It’s now not mandatory that dependent children under 18 must visit Antigua and Barbuda for five (5) days in the first five (5) years. The residency requirement for the children have to be fulfilled only upon attaining the age of eighteen (18), as well as the requirement to swear an oath or pledge allegiance.
- Two applications from related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of US$200,000 in order to qualify (until 31st October, 2019). The minimum investment remains at US$400,000. All processing and due diligence fees remain unchanged.
Antigua and Barbuda
Country ProfileArea : 172 sq. mi. (445 km2)
Population : 92, 295 (as of January 1, 2016)
Capital : St. John’s
Government : Constitutional Monarchy
Languages : English (official); Antiguan Creole
Time zone : AST (UTC-4)
Religion : Protestant
Ethnic Groups : East Caribbean Dollar
Currency : Eastern Caribbean Dollar (EC$)
Exchange Rate : USD 1 : XCD 2.7169
Climate : Tropical
Exports: Sugar, cotton, rum, and light industry Antigua and Barbuda is the 9th largest country in the Eastern Caribbean
Antigua and Barbuda is a country encompassing its 2 namesake islands and several smaller islands. Positioned where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet, it's known for reef-lined beaches, rainforests and resorts.
Former British colonies and as an independent Commonwealth state in the Eastern Caribbean, Antigua and Barbuda boast some of the most ravishing beaches in the world. With a population of over 90,000 people and 365 beaches of white sand and clean turquoise waters, this pair of islands is popular for tranquility and picturesque landscapes. Antigua proudly proclaims it has "a beach for everyday of the year," and Barbuda, Antigua's sleepy sister island, is also blessed with some pristine stretches of pink-tinged sand sprinkled with chic resorts.
The islands of Antigua and Barbuda are renowned for their beauty and laid back attitude, friendly people and of course Carnival, Cricket and Rum.
The islands had warm, steady winds, a complex coastline of safe harbors, and as an inviting paradise, these islands considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. It would really make a perfect place to hide a fleet.
Investors Paradise - Enjoy the Benefits of Antigua & Barbuda Passport
- The passport is internationally recognized
- With an Antigua and Barbuda passport, a citizen can travel to approximately 131 countries, including the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and the countries of the Schengen area
- No taxes on worldwide income, capital gains, dividends, gift, wealth and inheritance
- Permanent lifetime citizenship
- Dual nationality allowed
- Outstanding lifestyle with a safe environment
- Processing time 6-9 months
- Limited number of documents to be submitted
- The program is based on the law & is guaranteed by the government since 2013
Why Antigua and Barbuda?
- Antigua & Barbuda is ranked 1st in the Caribbean with an active Citizenship by Investment Program and 25th most powerful passport in the world.
- Ranks the 5th most welcoming country in the Caribbean region.
- A member of the United Nations, the British Commonwealth, Caricom and the Organization of American States (OAS) among many other international organizations.
- Tourism is the key driver of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and generates around 60% of the island’s income, with key target markets being the U.S., Canada and Europe.
Investment OptionsThe Citizenship-by-Investment program of Antigua and Barbuda, grants immediate passport to investors who make a significant economic contribution to the country under the 3 Investment Options as follows:
1. National Development Fund (NDF) – Donation Option
- Citizenship by means of contribution to the NDF will require applicants to make a minimum and non-refundable amount of US$100,000. The contribution is in the form of a one-time payment.
2. Real Estate Investment
- This option allows two or more applicants purchasing property in government approved real estate to procure citizenship via the Citizenship by Investment Program.
- The minimum investment requirement in order to be eligible for the CIP under this option is US$400,000.
- Property must not be re-sold for a period of 5 years unless an alternate government approved property in Antigua and Barbuda is purchased.
- The applicant can choose from a list of approved property developers or may elect to choose the property.
- Best option for those seeking to retain a residence or simply looking to invest into the country.
3. Business Investment
- Individual to invest in the amount of US$1,500,000 in an approved business.
- As a group investing a minimum amount of investment of US$5,000,000 for two or more persons where each person were to contribute at least US$400,000 is required.
Antigua and Barbuda Passport
- Valid for an initial period of five years
- Renewable subject to the recipient having spent a total of 5 days in Antigua and Barbuda, since gaining citizenship, within the 5 year period.
The grant of citizenship is at the sole discretion of the Government of Antigua and Barbuda.Ineligible applicants are as follows:
- Provide false statements in the application forms
- Applicant submitted false documents
- Applicant is subject to a criminal investigation
- Where a medical practitioner states that any of the family members is suffering from a contagious disease and/or serious health problems
- Applicant is involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Antigua and Barbuda
Restricted countries listThe Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda, at its meeting held on Wednesday, 2nd August, 2017 updated the Restricted Countries List as follows:
- North Korea
Nationals of the countries listed are eligible to apply for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda under the Citizenship by Investment Programme after having met the following criteria:
- Individuals born in these restricted countries but who migrated before the age of majority and/or have maintained permanent residence in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, for a period of not less than 10 years and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country.
In addition, all applicants will be required to fully comply with the Programme’s due diligence requirements.
The Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda has taken this position to safeguard the integrity of the Antigua and Barbuda passport and ensure that only persons whose past behaviour will not threaten the very well-being of the Citizenship Programme, can be accepted.
How to apply for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship:
Step I Submission of Application for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
- Real-21 LLC will determine the Applicant’s eligibility to apply for citizenship.
- Professional service fee, due diligence fees and 10% of the government processing fee are due at this step.
For Real Estate Investment:
- Reservation Agreement will be executed
- Applicant will pay property of 10% reservation deposit that is secured in escrow account which is refundable based on the outcome of the citizenship application
- Applicant will sign Agreement of Purchase and Sale with the developer of an approved project
- *Application procedure under real estate investment option will lengthen the processing time depending on the chosen property.
Step II Due Diligence is conducted through Background Check
- Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship Investment Unit (CIU) shall notify Real-21 LLC in writing on the applications’ status i.e. approved, denied or delayed for cause or if still being processed.
Step III Approval of the Application
- Applicant will pay the balance of the government processing fee upon receipt of the letter of approval
- Applicant will make the contribution to the NDF which will be paid separately to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) escrow account within a 30 day period
- Passport Fees is payable at this stage
- Property purchase closes
- Applicant will pay all sums due to the developer under the sale and purchase agreement to enable title to be registered in his/her name
Step IV Passports and Citizenship Certificate
- Approximately. within 15 working days from receipt of payment of the government fees and investment, the Government will issue a certificate of registration of Citizenship.
- Applicant’s passport will be processed within 5 working days.
- Real-21 LLC will deliver the passport and citizenship package to the applicants.