Beneficial Changes to the Dominica CBI Programme
The following beneficial changes have been implemented to the Dominica citizenship programme, with immediate effect:-
- Investment fee for adding a newborn, after citizenship has been granted, is now US$2,000.
- On registration of a child who is not more than five years of age and who was born to the applicant after citizenship has been obtained, a processing fee of US$2,000.
- Dependant age for children has been increased to 28 years
- A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between 18 and 28 years who is in full time attendance at a recognised institution of higher learning after his or her 18th birthday and fully supported by the main applicant.
- An unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under 28 years of age and is living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Dependant age for parents has been decreased to 55 years.
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his or her spouse above the age of 55 years living with or fully supported by the main applicant.
Real EstateThe government fees are now as follows for the real estate option:-
- Main applicant: US$50,000
- Spouse: US$25,000
- Child: US$20,000
- Dependant above 18 years of age: US$25,000
- Family of up to 4 people including the main applicant and up to 3 dependants: US$75,000
- Family of up to 6 people including the main applicant and up to 5 dependants: US$100,000
COMMONWEALTH OF DOMINICA
Country ProfileOfficial Name : Commonwealth of Dominica
Capital and Largest City : Roseau
Time zone: Eastern Caribbean (UTC–4)
Area : 754 km²
Nationality : Dominicans
Languages : English. A French based Creole (Patois) is widely spoken by residents
Population : 72, 297 (as of January 1, 2016)
Ethnic Groups : Black, Mixed, Amerindian (Caribs), White, Others
Religions : Roman Catholic (80%), Anglican, other Protestant denominations
Government : Parliamentary democracy; Republic within commonwealth
Head of State : President: His Excellency, the Honourable Charles Savarin Political
Independence : November 3, 1978 (from United Kingdom)
Currency : East Caribbean Dollar (XCD or EC$)
Exchange Rate : USD 1 : XCD 2.7169
Economy : Agriculture-based GDP : Total USD 1.002 billion | Per capita USD 14,166
Climate : Tropical
Geography Location : Eastern Caribbean; North of Martinique and South of Guadeloupe
Main Industries : Tourism, agriculture and light manufacturing. Main exports: bananas, citrus fruits, plantains, coconuts and tropical fruits. Manufactured products: soaps, paints and varnishes. Production: water
Why choose the beautiful Caribbean island of Dominica?
The Commonwealth of Dominica runs as one of the world’s most reputable citizenship by investment programmes which offers prudent investors the ability to access the world through a trusted and affordable route to a second citizenship.
Dominica is one of the most naturally beautiful places in the world known as the ‘Nature Isle of the Caribbean’ due to its wide variety of flora and fauna and extensive natural park system, boasting a remarkably unspoiled natural beauty. Its emerald green mountain sides cascade down to the mild Caribbean ocean and are speckled with coconut trees, banana plantations and bright tropical flowers. Its most famous spring may be the volcanically heated, steam-covered Boiling Lake, which falls within Morne Trois Pitons National Park. This preserve also encompasses rainforest, sulphur vents, the twin waterfalls of Trafalgar Falls and narrow Titou Gorge. To the west is Dominica’s capital, Roseau, with colorful timber houses and botanic gardens.
Abundant in fresh water, all kind of exotic fruits, greens and veggies, the land of summer, sea and sun, it’s also a paradise for anyone looking for a better place to live – very friendly climate and the lowest crime level in the region, one of the happiest nations in the world, politically and economically stable democratic state.
Averaging only 50,000 visitors a year, tourism is still in its infancy in Dominica, where the principal economic generator continues to be in the agricultural sector.
If you enjoy adventure within a pristine environment , peaceful, safe and an active lifestyle, then Dominica may be for you…
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
Dominica offers a citizenship by investment program, which grants foreigners direct and indefinite citizenship through qualifying investments. This program is considered one of the most affordable citizenship programs in the world.
Dominica Citizenship ProgramAcquire a Citizenship and Dominican passport
- An ongoing legitimate citizenship program in which Dominica citizenship is granted to individuals (and families) in exchange for an investment fee.
- Under this program you may acquire citizenship and passport in return for a direct investment to the country’s socio-economic growth.
- Your Dominica citizenship last for a lifetime and may not be revoked, regardless of changes in officials or governmental policies.
- Established and supported by the Government since 1993 based on Chapter VII, Section 101 of the Constitution, and Citizenship Act which stipulated that persons who have been a continuous resident in Dominica for five (5) years can apply for naturalization and may be eligible for citizenship.
- An amendment to the Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship Act in 1993 introduced a concept of Economic Citizenship by Investment and waived a residency requirement for investors making an investment in the amount and form stipulated by the government.
Program BenefitsDominica citizenship-by-investment is one of the most affordable program available to the global community.
- Dominican passport allows visa-free international travel to more than 100 countries as of January 2016, including Schengen Visa Countries of Europe, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong and Ireland
- No interview and language requirements
- Recognizes dual citizenship
- No residency requirements
- Lifetime citizenship
- More personal safety when travelling to specific countries
- Enjoy the privileges in all CARICOM countries e.g. study and work after graduation in the United Kingdom
- Full residence status, exercise and enjoy the same right as if you were born in Dominica i.e. right to vote, purchase property, come, live and work in Dominica
- Enjoy a tax-free status of foreign income, capital gains, gift, wealth and inheritance tax
- Non-revocable citizenship
- Good business instrument for expansion of your investment and entrepreneurial abilities
- Insurance for you and your family against unexpected personal, political or economical strife
- Duty Free Trading in Caribbean
- Security, better choice of places to live
- Open to most nationalities
Two Options for Investment to qualify for Citizenship by Investment:
Option # 1 – GOVERNMENT DONATION(Government Fund)
- A cash investment in the form of donation to the Government which cost varies according to the number of family members included in the application.
Option # 2 – REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT IN APPROVED REAL ESTATE PROJECTS
- Investors can obtain citizenship of Dominica by investing in real estate (Real-estate Purchase)
- The real estate must be held for 3 years and may be eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Programm after 5 years from the original purchase date.
Following approval of a real estate investment application, the following Government Fees are payable:
|Main applicant|| USD 50,000|
|Spouse of the main applicant|| USD 25,000
|Each child of the main applicant under eighteen (18) years of age||USD 20,000|
|Each dependent of the main applicant aged (18-25) eighteen to twenty five years of age||USD 50,000|
| Each parents of the main applicant
Share Registration FeeShare registration fee for real estate option is USD 8,800
Additional expenses for both the Real Estate and the Government Fund options:
|Processing fee per Applicant/Investor (Non-refundable)|| USD 3,000|
|Certificate of Naturalization Fee|| USD 750
|Expedited passport issue fee per person||USD 1,200|
How to ApplySTEP 1 : Applicant will appoint an Authorized Agent to act on his/her behalf in relation to the citizenship by investment application.
- Applications for citizenship cannot be submitted directly to the Citizenship by Investment Unit and must only be handled by an Authorized Agent.
- “Authorized Agent” is a person licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU).
STEP 2 : Authorized Agent will assist the applicant on every step in preparing the required documents for submission to the CBIU up to the moment the citizen’s status and Dominican passport are granted.
- Authorized Agent will issue an invoice for agent processing fee to open the application. Once the invoice is paid, the Authorized Agent will commence the procedure.
- Applicant must complete the official forms, attend a medical examination and obtain certain supporting documents, all of which need to be submitted in English and with the appropriate legalization.
- Once all the forms are complete, the Agent will submit the application to the CBIU of Dominica and will liaise with the Unit relating to all correspondence, queries or questions on applicant’s file that may arise in due course.
- For purchasing property, this will need to be reserved through a sale and purchase agreement at this point.
STEP 3 : Background check is conducted through Due Diligence Investigations
- The application is subject to due diligence back ground check which will verify the information that the applicant has provided.
- The CBIU will consider the file in the light of the due diligence report, and will take a decision about the application.
- Applicant will receive a letter through the agent who will inform him/her whether the application has been successful, has been delayed for further processing or has been rejected.
STEP 4 : Investment payment on successful application
- If the application is successful, the CBIU will issue a letter instructing the applicant to make the investment payment (for the Government Fund option) or to complete the payment of the real estate property.
- Certificate of Registration will be issued upon receipt of proof of payment. This certificate is used by the Agent to apply for a Dominican passport.
No government officer or department is responsible for applying for passports for any individual.
Normal Process Time to get the Dominican citizenship and passport:
- The law provides for the process time of six (6) months. However, the effective time needed for the whole procedure varies based on the applicant’s present citizenship, number of applications , country of residence etc.